Friday, March 20, 2009

Old Guy in Lane 3 Hits the Track for 200's

OBJECTIVE
Warmup 15 minutes Easy
8 x 200 meters (0:40) with 400 meter jogging recovery
Cooldown 20 minutes Jog

ACHIEVED
Warmup 18:56 minutes (1.90 mi.@ 9:58/mi.)
37 / 39 / 40 / 39 / 40 / 42 / 40 / 37
Cooldown 17:47 minutes (1.99 mi.@ 8:56/mi.)

6:03 AM 49° 97% 2 mph mist

My legs are pretty beat up. I’m sure it’s the speed work this week and the physical therapy that I’ve cranked up in an attempt to avoid an injury due to the speed work. Conclusion: speed work is hard on the body!

I made my way over to the track at the high school. I hit the track at about the same time as several distance runners from the high school. I was surprised to see them there at 6:20 AM on a Friday morning but the more I thought about it; it made some sense. They must not have a meet today AND they must want their Friday afternoon/evening free. Anyway, I was the old guy in Lane 3 trying to crank out 200 meter repeats.

It actually went pretty well. I hit my times in all but the fifth of eight repeats.

I finished around the same time the students did then slogged my way home.

PRE RUN
Weight = 158
corn flakes w/lactose-free, fat-free milk

POST RUN
Water, raisins, sunflower seeds & corn flakes w/lactose-free, fat-free milk

No comments: