Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Unseasonably Warm Morning Run

OBJECTIVE
7 mi. Easy (8:08-38/mi.)

ACHIEVED
7.20 mi.@ 8:21/mi.

5:09 AM 66° 94% 6 mph

Felt pretty good today given my general lack of adequate sleep and constant work (16th consecutive day in the office; shortest day 10 hours; typical day 14 hours … yes, I’m marking time like a POW).

My left hip felt much better but still not 100%. I need to get back to my physical therapy but since I usually do it in the evening, it hasn’t been getting done … since I’m not home in the evening.

I don't have time to go into it right now but there's an odd thing that happens for me mentally. It's rare but occurred to some extent on Saturday's run and more so this morning. It's like I shift into autopilot and the miles just start clicking by. It's not that it becomes easier physically ... it just becomes a whole lot easier mentally. I wish I could describe it better and put my finger on how it works exactly.

PRE RUN
Weight = 160#

POST RUN
Water, multivitamin & oatmeal w/flax, brown sugar & skim milk

No comments: