Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Slow Roll in the Rain

OBJECTIVE
7 mi. Slow (>8:38/mi.)

ACHIEVED
7.21 mi.@ 8:44 mi.

5:30 AM 41° 95% 3 mph light rain

Felt sluggish this morning. That's a bit surprising to me given the taper. However, I am still in the very early stages of tapering so maybe I'm just not feeling the benefits yet. I look forward to getting the spring back in my legs.

I ran with Aaron in the rain. The rain itself wasn't that big of a deal. I've actually been expecting it on every run since last Saturday. Hopefully it clears for tomorrow's intervals. Aaron plans to join me and for now we are planning to run from the YMCA.

PRE RUN
weight = 159.0#
water, ginger snap granola w/skim milk

POST RUN
water, multivitamin, chocolate milk & 5-grain hot cereal w/brown sugar & skim milk

3 comments:

Becky A said...

3:20 will be a piece of cake.

Brandon

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry - I don't mean to be a nuisance but why are you tapering if you aren't planning on running in Phoenix? Again, Anon

Cory said...

Brandon - Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Anon - It's always been the plan to train as if I would be running a marathon on January 18. My online coach suggested Houston or Phoenix after my St. George effort. Houston is full so that's out of the question even though it's in my backyard. Houston has become incredibly proper after Ryan Hall set the US record here in the half a couple years ago. The perception that Houston is a "fast track" spread fast and people are quick to sign up.

Glad you noticed I'm tapering. It seems to be going okay ... so far.

To race or not to race ... that is the question ....