Monday, January 5, 2009

Run 1 of 2 for the Day

OBJECTIVE
3 mi. Slow (>8:38/mi.)
3 x 100 meter strides @ 5K pace

ACHIEVED
3.04 mi.@ 8:29/mi.
no strides

5:35 AM 46° 76% 9 mph

Ran with Aaron this morning. Everything generally felt fine. I did physical therapy for my IT bands last night. As a precaution, I plan to complete that PT every other day for about 10 days. On the off days, I’m considering a core routine.

Almost forgot to mention that I tried a new warmup routine. It was a bit haphazard so I need to try it a few more times to determine if it's better than what I've been doing.

PRE RUN
Weight = 160.5#
Water

POST RUN
Water, multivitamin, zinc supplement, oatmeal w/flax, brown sugar & skim milk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity - are you running in the Phoenix Marathon that you mentioned a few blogs back? I am an anonymous follower of your blog.

Cory said...

Hey Anon! Thanks for the comment.

Still undecided on Phoenix. Are you familiar with the area? Know any good places to stay?

It looks like it will be a "game time" decision.

I noticed that the average temperature in Phoenix on January 18 is 55° with a range of something like 45 - 65°.

If you've been following my blog, do you think I've got a shot at 3:20 - if I decided to make the attempt in thirteen days?