Thursday, January 15, 2009

Game Over

Back on the bus for the return trip. The good news is I have a seat. The bad news is it's about 14 hours later.

Which leads me to more bad news. It doesn't look like the marathon is happening this weekend. Work has pretty much spin out of control (which I've come to expect this time of year) and the flights and hotels in Phoenix have been bought up at a crazy rate this week (thank you Cardinals for choosing now, after 62 years to make it to the conference championship). Rather than pout as I'm disposed to do, I think I'll try finding a bib for the half marathon in Houston. May as well not let this training cycle and taper go to waste. I can probably work in the half between stints at the office.

Yes, it is very disappointing but not altogether surprising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you want my number Cory? I would rather not give you the chip since we can't change the name, but if you want to run it I am more than happy to donnate the bib!
Steph