Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Faith in the Taper You Must Have, Young Skywalker

OBJECTIVE
3 mi. Easy (8:08-38/mi.)

ACHIEVED
3.05 mi.@ 8:17/mi.

5:50 AM 43° 59% 9 mph

I focused on making today's run easy. After warming up at 8:42 over the first mile, I didn't realize my pace picked up much but the next two miles were 8:18 and 7:53. This has to be the tapering benefit kicking in. I felt good and the pace really felt easy.

The alternate title for today's blog is "Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge" (not sure what's with the movie references today ...???). The reason is because it seemed every car on the road was out to hit me this morning. Maybe it was my all-black "ninja" running attire in the pre-dawn darkness .... Probably not the best idea ....

PRE RUN
nothing

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin, vitamin C supplement & zinc supplement (yes, my urine will be radioactive today!)

No comments: