Saturday, December 6, 2008

Straggler for a "Short" Long Run

OBJECTIVE
14 mi.@ 8:08-38/mi.

ACHIEVED
~13.7 mi.@ ~8:12/mi (1:52:16) No Garmin today due to "Low Battery"

~6:05 AM ~42° ~78% ~1 mph

Josh and Stephanie ran the Sunmart 50K so they weren't with us for this morning's run. Congratulations to each of them for very strong finishes in that event! Josh took 4th in his age group and 28th overall while Stephanie won her age group by a large margin and was 6th overall. Yes, I am very fortunate to hang with such accomplished athletes.

Today's group included Randy, Laurie, Stacey, Kevin, and me. We started at a slow-ish pace in the cool morning air. My Garmin performed its occasional "Low Battery" routine with me so I was left with my IronMan and no complete data from today's run.

I was okay for about 6-7 miles then I just started feeling worn out. I think it's the two hard races in the last month and the mileage buildup. It didn't feel like things were going to improve so I just focused on holding on. Laurie and I planned to cut it short at 14-15 miles while the others were going for 19-21 miles. When it came time to separate, everyone ended up going back to the park and the others just added on with a loop (or loops) around the park.

My ab/groin injury seemed slightly improved today. It seems that a slow but sure recovery is occurring. Hopefully that trend continues and I can get back to 100%. I'm also hopeful that I will have my legs back under me soon!

PRE RUN
weight = 162#
FRS liquid concentrate & oatmeal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

POST RUN
2 SlimFast
Later, water, multivitamin & Kashi GoLean cereal w/1% milk

No comments: