Monday, December 1, 2008

Still Trying to Recover

OBJECTIVE
4 mi. Slow (>8:38/mi.)

ACHIEVED
4.03 mi.@ 8:46/mi.

5:42 AM 46F 71% 12 mph

I am still feeling beat up from the race last Thursday. My legs are sore but improving. The bigger problem seems to be a lower left abdominal strain that extends down into the groin. I observed this problem last week days before the race. I think it may have resulted from over-aggressive core work while doing a physical therapy session. Racing seems to have aggravated the problem. I suspect kicking the final stretch of the 5K may have been when it occurred. Running two races back-to-back was stupid ... especially after putting done a personal best time in the first race. Note to self: don't do anything like that again! It's now compromising my training.

Aaron is still out of town for the holiday so I ran alone today. He'll be back tomorrow.

PRE RUN
Clif bar & water

POST RUN
water, multivitamin, brown sugar muffin, 5-grain hot cereal w/brown sugar, flax & 1% milk

No comments: