Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Falling Down on a Cool Morning

OBJECTIVE
6 mi. Easy (8:08 - 38/mi.)

ACHIEVED
6.21 mi.@ 8:34/mi.

5:35 AM 32° 93% 0 mph

It was a cool, clear morning. I wore a long-sleeved tech shirt over a short-sleeved tech shirt, tights, gloves and knit cap. I felt comfortable once I got going.

I stopped at Randall's but Aaron didn't show up for about 10 minutes so I went on without him.

My cardio condition felt stressed today as did my leg muscles. The ab/groin strain is still a problem and seems to be impacting my stride now. The entire left side of my abdominal down to the inside of my left leg feels weak, strained, and sore. Hopefully it improves some over the next 24 hours.

PRE RUN
Clif bar & water

POST RUN
weight = 160.5#
SlimFast, brown sugar muffin & multivitamin
Later, water, calcium, Vitamins A & D & oatmeal w/flax, almonds, brown sugar & 1% milk

4 comments:

pcb said...

so you didn't actually "fall" down?

Cory said...

No. But sometimes when my legs are sore and/or tired, it feels like I'm "falling" forward when I run. It feels like I'm stumbling ... which is how I felt on this run.

Becky A said...

I read it closely for the actual "fall", too!

Anonymous said...

If you're going to fall, forward is the way to go!