Thursday, August 21, 2008

Too Fast for Recovery

OBJECTIVE
3 - 4 mi. Slow

ACHIEVED
4.02 mi.@ 8:18/mi.

7:16 AM 73° 94% 5 mph mist & rain

This one was supposed to be a nice, slow recovery run. Somehow it didn't end up that way. During the first half mile, it seemed that my turnover was a lot faster than usual. I wonder if that's from the speed workout yesterday ... ??? I don't remember this happening the day after intervals before ...?

I knew I was faster than I should be so I reminded myself to just stay comfortable. The result of this is that I just ended up holding pretty much the same pace. This surprised me.

I'm happy to take another good run! We'll see how it impacts tomorrow's 6-miler.

Forgot to mention a funny thing that happened immediately after yesterday's run. I was running from the YMCA as I oftentimes do but I was later than usual. When I got back from the run, I walked past a large group of kids who were in some sort of holding pattern. I assume they were maybe K - third graders participating in the Y's summer program. Any I could hear the kids voices but wasn't close enough to make out what they were saying. Once I was a "safe" distance past them, I heard a kid's voice call out, "Get a shirt on. There are kids around!" I won't argue that I don't look that good with my shirt off ... but I certainly didn't think it was that bad! When I run alone in the summer, I usually run without a shirt. When I run with others, I wear one. I've been laughing about that youthful comment for the past 24 hours.

PRE RUN
Clif bar & water

POST RUN
Water, multivitamin & All Bran cereal w/skim milk

No comments: