Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gerrymandering for LSD

OBJECTIVE
18 mi. w/last 3 @ 7:55/mi.

ACHIEVED
18.03 mi.@ 9:03/mi.

6:09 AM 75° 94% 0 mph

Ended up on own running from the Y for 18 miles. This area doesn't lend itself to that distance. I took every turn and side road to get the miles and also doubled back on the bayou twice on the way back in. Ended up running the trails around the kids' soccer fields at the Y to get the last few. Lost it a little over 16 miles. Walked to the car and got water, took off my empty hydration belt and shirt then went for the final 2 miles ... slowly. Just gutted it out. The distance was more important than the speed.

Tried controlling my hydration by drinking approximately 4 oz. of Accelerade every 30 minutes. Supposedly the body can only absorb 8 oz. per hour.

This was a tough run. My Saturday group was all over the place. Steph in the UK. Jonathan running Hood to Coast Relay in Oregon. Stacey and Laurie at Terry Hershey Park with KatyFit. Shellie and Kathleen with Kenyan Way. I think Randy, William, and Josh may have ultimately ended up with Kenyan Way too. I considered all the options and none seemed that appealing so I stayed close to home and ran from the Y by myself. I knew ChampionsFit would be starting sometime so I saw a bunch of runners especially along the bayou trail. From the trail, I went down Eldridge to Louetta then turned back up toward Spring Cypress then back down to the bayou trail. At the end of the trail, I turned back and did it again. I the way back to the Y, I went all the way to the end of the dead end road then turned to the Y and started around the soccer fields.

Looking forward to tomorrow's rest and running with the group on next Saturday's long run.

PRE RUN
FRS liquid concentrate, water, oatmeal w/flax & brown sugar

POST RUN
2 SlimFast & water

No comments: