Monday, August 18, 2008

Mixed Review

OBJECTIVE
3 - 4 mi. Slow

ACHIEVED
4.02 mi.@ 8:49/

5:00 AM 73F 92% 0 mph

I'm not exactly sure how I could feel good and sore during the same run but that's how it worked out today. The soreness is from Saturday's hills. I was really feeling it on my rest day yesterday. That was a bit of a surprise since I've felt pretty good after the other times I've been out to League Line Road to run the hills.

Some of soreness may also be from the 7 PT exercises Dani gave me to do last week. I'm supposed to do them twice a week but I've adopted every other for now. I've noticed they leave me a little sore in odd places.

After a half mile, I decided I didn't want the run to get sloppy and slow so I picked it up. I thought it was just a slight pace increase since I still felt comfortable. After Mile 2, I checked again and was surprised how fast I was going. I pulled it back slightly; reminding myself that this was a slow, recovery run and that I need to save the effort for Wednesday.

It's nice to have a good run. Planning on 6 miles tomorrow.

The thought just occurred to me that maybe I felt good because the temperature was slightly cooler this morning ....

PRE RUN
bran muffin & water

POST RUN
Accelerade, water, multivitamin, oatmeal w/flax, brown sugar & skim milk

No comments: