Saturday, July 19, 2008

Longest Run Since Ogden Marathon on May 17

OBJECTIVE
12 - 14 mi. EZ pace with 2 - 3 mi. pickup @ 7:55/mi.

ACHIEVED
14.21 mi.@ 8:33/mi. including Mile 13 = 7:46; Mile 14 = 7:51; Final 0.21 mi. = 7:42/mi.

5:43 AM 80° 78% 0 mph

I wasn't "feeling it" today right from the start. I spent the first 2 miles doing a whole body check. My abs were hurting. I didn't have much spring in my legs. I'm fairly certain it was the plyometrics I did at PT yesterday.

Stephanie, Miranda, Laurie, Josh, Randy, William, and I made the trek from Memorial Park along the bayou to downtown ... through downtown to the George R. Brown Convention Center. Then back. At Shepherd, Steph, Josh, and Randy continued through River Oaks. The others including me headed back toward the park. I tried to pickup once I hit the park and went around the backside. It was tough but generally a success.

I stretched and chatted with William and Miranda back at the cars while we waited for the others. They didn't make it before I left.

Dani cut me off from PT yesterday. She said she's done all she can for me. She also said I need to go back to Dr. Cianca for a followup and get a running coach who can help me increase my mileage wisely. This was abrupt! I was hoping to stay with her for longer. She has definitely helped me but it doesn't seem to me like our work is done.

PRE RUN
FRS

POST RUN
2 SlimFast & water
Later, multivitamin, water, English muffin, poached egg & Canadian bacon

No comments: