Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just Miles

OBJECTIVE
6 mi. EZ (8:24-54/mi.)

ACHIEVED
6.04 mi.@ 9:07/mi.

8:16 PM 84° 70% 6 mph

This run was just getting miles. I took my parents and niece to the airport this morning so I ran at Memorial Park on the way home from work. I haven't been over there to run for some time.

I had an extremely hard to getting going and never really found any rhythm during this run. Fortunately my right groin problem from yesterday seems to be gone but the lower ab problem persists and gave my problems while running. My nutrition today was up-and-down but I think I should have been okay. My hydration wasn't too good especially in the afternoon.

I had PT just before lunch. That most likely contributed to the difficulty I had running tonight. Dani just started me on plyometrics last week and is building up. Today's edition was the toughest yet and it took something out of me. She thinks my ab and groin problem are from the hard run on Saturday. I do think I'm still recovering from that run but I think my ab damage came from the incline bench leg pull-ups (not sure of the correct term for these) that she has me doing somehow tears my abs. It's most likely a result of poor form on my part.

Anyway it wasn't a good run tonight and my schedule is now off so I'm considering pushing my midweek big workout to Thursday rather than tomorrow. However, I'm concerned that could impact Saturday's long run. I've boxed myself in a bit schedule-wise ....

PRE RUN
nothing

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, 2 small hamburgers & soft-serve ice cream cone

No comments: