Monday, July 14, 2008

Plodding with Problems

OBJECTIVE
4 mi. SLOW

ACHIEVED
4.02@ 9:28/mi.

4:40 AM 75° 91% 4 mph


I had a few problems this morning. First, after a few hundred meters in to the run I had to use the restroom. That issue persisted throughout the run.

Second and more problematic, it feels like I have a pulled right groin and a pulled extreme lower abdominal muscle on the right side. I don't think these are the same injury but it feels like they're intertwined in function. The result this morning was a shortening of my stride that really slowed down the pace.

I'm not sure of the causes for these but have a couple theories. Neither bothered me during Saturday's run on the hills. Even so, I think the ab situation is from a particular exercise from my PT. Maybe Saturday's run aggravated it ... ???

My theory on the groin is that I may have pulled it while Indian leg wrestling my niece yesterday. My niece and parents are visiting us from out of town this weekend through Tuesday.

A third problem was that I had some general muscle soreness in my legs. I'm fairly certain this is from Saturday's long run on the hills and expect it to clear up soon.

I'll monitor the two issues, hoping not to compound them.

Last week Jonathan and I discussed junk miles ... wondering if the concept really exists. I hope not because, if so, today was all junk. If not, I got my four miles and am off to work for what promises to be a hectic day.

PRE RUN
nothing

POST RUN
SlimFast & multivitamin

No comments: