Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Solstice

OBJECTIVE
4 - 6 mi. EZ (8:24-54/mi.)

ACHIEVED
≈6.12 mi.@ 8:37/mi. (52:47)

≈5:40 AM 72° 92% 0 mph

Nice 6-miler to celebrate the summer solstice. Early in the run I was thinking this must for a big week for pagans. I think yesterday was a full moon and today is summer solstice. It seems like I should be running a race at Stonehenge today!

My Garmin pulled the always-aggravating "LOW BATTERY" routine again this morning so I pulled out the trusty Timex IronMan to accompany me. I ran the Wimbledon Forest Loop so I have a good idea that the distance is 6.10 - 6.15 miles. I felt fine today. My IT band hasn't been a problem for a while now (knock on wood!). My legs seemed a little "tired" but not really a big deal.

I started about 30 minutes later than usual today since I'm taking the day off work. Which is really good at this point. However, Paige is having surgery this afternoon so that's not so exciting. Hopefully it's a smooth out-patient procedure with a quick recovery - as currently anticipated.

Tomorrow's run is 10 miles. I'm not sure who, if anyone, I'll be running with yet. It's somewhat dependent on how Paige is doing.

PRE RUN
Accelerade

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin @ Kashi GoLean cereal w/skim milk

No comments: