Saturday, June 21, 2008

Modified Route - 10 miler

OBJECTIVE
10 mi. w/8 @ EZ (8:24-54/mi.) & last 2@ MP (7:55/mi.)

ACHIEVED
10.02 mi. w/8@8:20/mi. & 2@7:41/mi.

5:47 AM 71° 92% 0 mph

Good run this morning. I started from Spring Cypress a little late. Eased on down the bayou path. I was feeling pretty good. Pace was around 8:30/mi. Didn't make it all the way to the Y - 1 1/2 mile short - before meeting up with Bob Bond, Sean Easton, Sean's friend, and a guy named Seth. I met them on Jones Road and anytime Sean's in the group the pace is going to be hot ... at least for met. I wasn't with them for long before Sean had us under 8:00/mi.

We got back on the bayou trail and went to the 8-mile turn around for Bob. Bob and I turned back. The others continued on. I ran with Bob along the trail back to the end of the path. Bob continued back to the Y. I took a water break (thank you, ChampionsFit!) then headed back on the trail for the third time. With 2 miles remaining, I picked it back up looking for 7:55/mi. I was feeling good. I was pushing but it wasn't uncomfortable. I made each of the last two miles in 7:41/mi. which I was pleased with.

It seems I'm making slow, incremental progress. I need to decide on next week's training schedule. I start physical therapy on Tuesday and go back on Thursday. I have a hunch Dani is really going to "put it to me" and she'll be able to tell I've been running more and faster than she suggested. At this point, I'm willing to let those chips fall where they may ....

PRE RUN
Accelerade

POST RUN
SlimFast; potato, egg & cheese breakfast taco
Later, Life cereal w/skim milk

No comments: