Sunday, September 7, 2014

Endurance Run

Summary

Name Endurance Run
Location Houston, TX
Start Time 9/7/2014 6:08 AM (UTC-05:00) Category My Activities:Running
Distance 13.53 mi Time 01:49:41.0
Time Moving 01:49:41.0 Stopped 00:00:22.0
Average pace 08:06 min/mi Max. pace 07:06 min/mi
Weather Sunny
Notes OBJECTIVE
... ah, run long ... I guess ...

This was a debacle; pure and simple. Training plan had a half marathon on the schedule but, ultimately, there weren't any in the area - apparently still too early in the season. So I flipped my run from yesterday to today so I could run with the group downtown. Decided I'd go long since I had failed on a long run 3 weeks (?) ago. This would be a make-up run of sorts. Well, it didn't go very well. I planned for 18 miles but died at 13 and walked it in. Honestly not sure what happened. Felt really fatigued. Not sure what to point to for this fail. My nutrition on Friday and Saturday wasn't very good. I didn't get enough quality sleep Saturday night. The weather was also a bit challenging. Hopefully one or a combination of these was the cause. If so, the remedy is easing.

 

Created with Activity Documentation Plugin for SportTracks
(see http://www.sporttracks-plugins.com)

No comments: