Tuesday, October 2, 2012

IT band exercises at home (put myself on a clock to time the cadence of each exercise ... I think I've been doing a couple of the wrong ... especially the squats!)

Train to work.

Spin at the gym:
10 min. WU progressively moving resistance up to 9
Tabata intervals = 8x20 sec. all out w/10 sec. rest
10 min. CD

Okay this is getting interesting. Maximum heart rate today was 162. I still don't have enough data points to have a conclusion but 165, 163 and 162 is certainly a tightly grouped set. I'm thinking that I may need to wear my heart rate strap for race or running interval workout. They last longer and my theory is that my heart rate would continue to push up beyond what I'm seeing with the short-bust Tabata intervals.

FWIW, distance traveled ~6.2 mi.

No comments: