Saturday, September 22, 2012

"New" Old Stomping Grounds

Answered the bell this morning after a good night's sleep at the downtown Houston Hyatt. Decided to run to the George R Brown Convention Center then back through downtown to the bayou trail. The bayou is very different! There's been a lot of work done on the trails. Along the south side, I was running in a construction zone as there's still work being done. They've also added bridges in various places. This is obviously a big investment. It also seems to be more to the benefit of bikers than runners (the trail has been upgraded to concrete from asphalt; concrete is not a friendly running surface.).

It was good to be back but it did highlight the void of missing my Houston running friends. Many of whom were racing today.

My Garmin had some trouble locating among the city's tall buildings. I reset at GRB and had no trouble from that point. I'll upload my Houston runs when I'm back in Chicago.

~7 miles
~62:30


Sent from my BlackBerry

No comments: