Friday, July 13, 2012

Lakefront 8

 

Summary

Name Lakefront 8
Location Chicago, IL
Start Time 7/13/2012 5:23 AM (UTC-05:00) Category My Activities:Running
Distance 8.04 mi Time 01:09:14.0
Time Moving 01:09:14.0 Stopped 00:00:01.0
Average pace 08:36 min/mi Max. pace 07:10 min/mi
Weather PartClouds; 74.9 °F
Calories 1012 kCal
Notes Dear Driver of the White SUV at Belmont Harbor this Morning,

I am so glad I met you today. I was running on very tired legs this morning and was somewhat struggling through what was shaping up as a tougher than expected run. Fortunately for me you came along.

You were able to demonstrate that rare combination of speed and power as zipped about the quiet lanes of the harbor.

I really appreciate your training techniques. They are unlike anything I've ever encountered. As you came upon me with that speed then slammed on your brakes, you sparked in me a surge of adrenaline different than any I've ever experienced. This forced me to forget my tired legs and simply "get moving".

Looking over your steering wheel, you may have thought you were looking into "the faces of death". Please don't misunderstand that's simply how I get when I'm focused and striving for my best running efforts.

I also don't want you to misunderstand my raised finger. It may have looked like I was pointing at the stop sign you blew through or the crosswalk I was standing in. That wasn't it at all. My lifted index finger simply meant "you're number one" (and, if you get down to it, maybe I was practicing my "I'm #1!" for the next race I win due to your skillful training).

It was great meeting you and I hope we can get together again for another inspiring round of training. After our brief encounter, I hope my effort didn't let you down. A biker passed me shortly thereafter and said, "That was close!" Since hearing his comment, I've wondered if it seemed I wasn't really giving it my all. Hopefully you're patient enough to continue to work with me in the future. I value your unconventional training methods especially the way you incorporate the use of your 5,000 pound into the program.

Thanks again and hope you have a good day.


Cory



Dear Wife,

Sorry about your near miss at becoming an instant millionaire this morning. It's quite rare that someone actually comes so close without actually getting the money.

Hope your day gets better.

Love,
Cory

P.S. Since the move to Chicago, I don't think I've told you where the important papers are filed. They're in the black filing cabinet in my office. Of particular note, is the file labeled "Insurance, Life".

Created with Activity Documentation Plugin for SportTracks
(see http://www.sporttracks-plugins.com)

No comments: