Monday, September 6, 2010

OBJECTIVE
10 mi.@ 7:40-8:30
2x20 sec. stiff legged running
2x20 sec. no-arm running

ACHIEVED
10.26 mi.@ 8:12
2x20 sec. stiff legged running
2x20 sec. no-arm running

10:13 AM 82° 76% 8 mph rain

This one started out as a hot, breezy summer day. I was wondering how I'd hold up to the end as it seemed the temperature would only be rising. About two miles in to it, I looked to the south and saw huge, dark rain clouds. I started trying to guess when the rain would hit me. I figured it would be at about the seven-mile mark. Apparently the storm was moving faster than I judged. Around Mile 4, it started raining lightly. By Mile 5 the rain was coming hard and heavy. It didn't last long but sure unloaded a lot of rain. The sun gradually emerged for the last third of the run and it became quite hot and steamy.

I felt pretty good starting out even though my legs had residual soreness from Saturday's race. I raced in flats on hills over 13 miles so they deserve to be a little sore. When the rain came, the temperature dropped some and I felt quite good. By the last third, I was feeling very tired. I held on and drug myself home.

PRE RUN
weight=161
corn chex w/skim milk & diet V8 splash

POST RUN
diet V8 splash, 500 mg glutamine, multivitamin, PBJ smoothie

No comments: