Saturday, August 28, 2010

OBJECTIVE
20 mi.@ 7:40-8:29

ACHIEVED
20.18 mi.@ 8:14

5:43 AM 78° 60% 3 mph

Ran 20.18 miles. Instead of going solo I paid $5 to "drop in" with Kenyan Way. After running from the park to their starting point (2 mi.), I found out they only had an 11/13 mile route on their schedule today. I also got there right as they were sending groups out so I didn't get placed in an appropriate pace group. This ended up being fine. I left after everyone else and there was a long string of runners in front of me so the route was easy to know. There were water stops every ~3 miles. The route took us back to Memorial Park and over to Uptown where we looped back. I managed to hold my pace in the relevant range as I made my way back to the park and back to the Kenyan Way base. The water stops helped a lot today. The weather was really accommodating too.

I felt pretty good and, as always after a 20-miler is finished, was pleased with the accomplishment.

PRE RUN
weight=162.5
water, 500 mg glutamine & oatmeal w/brown sugar & skim milk

POST RUN
SlimFast & water

No comments: