Monday, August 30, 2010

OBJECTIVE
6 mi.@ 7:40-8:29
1x20 sec. high knees
1x20 sec. bounding

ACHIEVED
6.17 mi.@ 8:29
1x20 sec. high knees
1x20 sec. bounding

5:06 AM 80° 87% 1 mph

The theme for today's run was "tight and tired". I didn't really get loosened up until well over 2 miles into this one. I think that's just Saturday's long run still "on my legs" and the fact that after Saturday's run I went to the office and worked (i.e., sitting down the whole time) until late evening. I'm sure that can't be good for shaking out the legs and giving them the best opportunity to recover. I also felt tired today. Yesterday's rest day just didn't seem to be enough to give me a full recovery from last week's +59 miles. The good news is this is a "pull back" week. So my mileage will drop and the intensity will ease ... slightly.

PRE RUN
weight=160.5
apple juice & 500 mg glutamine

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & Kashi GoLean cereal w/1% milk

No comments: