Thursday, August 12, 2010

OBJECTIVE
dynamic stretching warm-up
1.5 mi. warm-up
5.5 mi. tempo run @ 6:52
1.5 mi. cool-down

ACHIEVED

This one didn't go well. The plan was for a 5.5 mi. tempo run @ 6:52. After a 1.54 mi. warm-up and stretch, I set out. From the get-go I was focused on not going too fast. I was anticipating it getting tougher in the later stages. First mile went just fine. Second mile was okay too. Really starting to feel the heat though. Just before Mile 3, I shut it down. Very disappointed. Sitting on the curb, my neighbor drives by. Stops to ask if I'm okay or need a ride home. Just what I needed, I'm sitting there cursing myself out for quitting then this Samaritan comes by and unintentionally rubs salt in the wound. I dismissed him then started back at it again. Hammered away for another ~1.25 mi. then stopped to catch my breath in the shade. Another mile then another shady stop. Ran again and finished it out. This obviously wasn't a tempo and a didn't get the benefits of such a run. It was closer to 2400 meter repeats. I'm disappointed.
WU = 1.54 mi.
Mile 1 - 6:49
Mile 2 - 6:48
Mile 3 - 6:54
Mile 4 - 6:59
Mile 5 - 6:56
1/2 mi. - 6:53/
CD = 1.39 mi.
Heat index was 96ºF.

PRE RUN
weight=160

POST RUN

No comments: