Monday, March 15, 2010

OBJECTIVE
6 mi.@ 7:38-8:29
20 sec. high knees
20 sec. bounding

ACHIEVED
6.18 mi.@ 8:24
bounding
high knees

5:43 AM 59° 98% 2 mph

Legs were a bit heavy this morning. However, I'm generally pleased with my recovery from Saturday's 20-miler. I refueled immediately after the Saturday's run then stretched really well. I put on compression socks for the drive home then stretched again before going into the house. Then I pulled together a quick lunch and ate it while sitting in an ice bath for 30 minutes and reading my latest Running Times. Not sure what piece of the puzzle was critical to recovery but I plan to follow the same approach after my next long one.

I've got intervals tomorrow. I'm also going to the doctor for a physical which requires me to be fasting. Not sure how intervals are going to go on an empty stomach (i.e., no fuel!).

PRE RUN
weight=167
water

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & Life cereal w/skim milk

2 comments:

Josh said...

He's ba-ack....

Cory said...

Ha, ha, ha ....

Let's hope it's not a "false start".