Wednesday, March 17, 2010

OBJECTIVE
2-6 mi.@ 8:30-9:40

ACHIEVED
6.02 mi.@ 8:31

6:20 AM 48° 94 % 1 mph

This was a recovery run. I felt okay. Well, maybe slightly flat but generally okay. A while back, I agreed to be part of a test group for a product called nose cones. The product they currently market is for snoring and decongestion. Apparently, they are considering marketing to athletes as a way to open the nasal air passages. I received my prototype of the athletes’ version last week. I’ve been asked to run with them on three different runs and complete a survey for each run. Today was the first day I tried them out. I figured a recovery run would be the lowest impact opportunity to use them.

I had some trouble getting them in but once in place they stayed there. It seems like they would really help a nose breather. However, I’m close to a 100% mouth breather so the benefit to me seems limited. I blame my mouth breathing on taking a hit to the nose playing junior high football. I was convinced my nose was broken and still think it was. From that point forward, breathing through my nose hasn’t quite worked like it should. I’ll try the nose cones a couple more times then send in my surveys. I might also try them while sleeping to see if there’s any benefit.

PRE RUN
Weight = 166.5

POST RUN
Water, multivitamin & oatmeal w/brown sugar & skim milk

1 comment:

pcb said...

I'm all for the trying them out while you are sleeping bit - can't wait!