Friday, January 15, 2010

OBJECTIVE
1.5 mi. warm up @ recovery pace
4x1 mi.@ 6:39 w/2 min. active recoveries
1.5 mi. cool down @ recovery pace

ACHIEVED
1.53 mi. WU
6:36 6:35 6:29 6:36
1.52 mi. CD

total time = 1:01:23
total distance = 7.62

5:47 AM 52° 93% 5 mph

I'm turning into a case study of the negative impact of lack of sleep and high stress on training. My job is a disaster right now!

I felt fatigued at the outset this morning. My left ITB is quite balky too. Fortunately it seemed to loosen up a bit as the run progressed. I need to watch it closely and be sure to keep up the PT exercises for strengthening.

The mile intervals didn't come easy today. I felt like I was struggling to hold on the whole way. I cheated during the two-minute recoveries by walking or jogging very slowly rather than running at an easy recovery pace. I felt like I had to do it so I could get the intervals in and have them be meaningful. I know it defeats the training benefit of conditioning my body recover while on the move but that's just the way it had to be today.

PRE RUN
weight=167.5

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin & Kashi GoLean cereal w/1% milk

No comments: