Friday, December 18, 2009

OBJECTIVE
dynamic stretching warm up
6 mi.@7:46-8:36 w/6x2 min. intervals @ 6:11 "sprinkled in"

ACHIEVED
dynamic stretch
6.20 mi.@ 7:46 (6:05 6:10 6:10 6:13 6:07 6:07)

5:02 AM 41° 94% 1 mph

This is the run that was scheduled for yesterday. Why I missed it ... it's hard to say now. At the time, there was a cold rain falling and it didn't seem like I had time. Thought I might get a run after work. My body also felt a bit beat down. In retrospect that was all just a bunch of hollow excuses.

Felt pretty good this morning once I got moving. Was happy to hit my times and keep them in a tight range. After missing all my times on Tuesday, I've been wondering what's going on.

I've got it in the back of my mind to break a cardinal rule of running later tonight and get in a recovery run. This will effectively "make up" for yesterday's missed run and get me back on track with my weekly mileage.

PRE RUN
weight=166.5

POST RUN
water, multivitamin, chocolate milk & raisin bran w/1% milk

No comments: