Tuesday, December 15, 2009

F-L-A-T !!!

OBJECTIVE
dynamic stretching warm up
1.5 mi. warm up @ 8:37-9:46
6x2 min. hill repetitions @ 6:11 w/2 min. active recoveries
1.5 mi. cool down @ 8:37-9:46

ACHIEVED
dynamic stretch
1.56 WU
6:20 6:15 6:24 6:30 6:26 6:42
1.77 CD

5:59 AM 58° 97% 3 mph

... oh, so that's why you shouldn't turn a recovery run into a progression run (see yesterday) ....

I was very flat today; obviously not hitting my goal pace on any of my hill repeats. I guess I can attribute it to a couple of things. 1) Lack of sleep over the past couple of nights. 2) Turning yesterday's easy base run into a progressive run by hitting negative splits over 6 miles. 3) Work stress. I actually considered scrapping the workout a couple of different times during this morning's debacle. But I told myself this is actually good training. Every day isn't going to be a good one. This is training me to deal with adversity - whether within the marathon context (Heartbreak Hill in Boston ???) or over an entire race. Just deal with it and finish off the task at hand. I'm not pleased with what the clock shows for today's effort but I'm pleased that I finished it. Looking forward to the promise of a better running day tomorrow!

If running is like a box of chocolates, I picked the best looking one in the box this morning then bit into it to find a tangerine-avocado center!!!


PRE RUN
weight=165.5
water

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, water, multivitamin & frosted mini wheats & 1% milk

3 comments:

pcb said...

Tangerine - Avacado?? Disgusting!

Cory said...

... and so was my workout this morning .... Glad you got the point!

Angela said...

mmm avacado..plan on resting up for the Christmas holidays, pigging out, puzzling and staying up late!