Monday, September 14, 2009

OBJECTIVE
10 mi.@ 7:46-8:36
steep hill sprints 2x20 seconds
one-leg hop 2x20 seconds

ACHIEVED
10.35 mi.@ 8:25/
one-leg hop 2x20 sec.
stiff-legged running 2x20 sec.
running no arms 1x20 sec.

5:16 AM 72° 96% 1 mph

Up until the last third of this run, I felt pretty good ... especially given my 22-miler on Saturday. However with a little over 3 miles to go, it all seemed to catch up with me. My legs just felt heavier and heavier; tired. I still managed 8:08/8:08/7:56 over the last 3 miles but it was more of an effort than it seems like it should have been.

I got a lot of rest over the weekend with good nights of sleep and a bit of napping. Now that the taper is on I really just need to focus on rest and nutrition. The training for the marathon is essentially done at this point. It's just a matter of putting myself in the best possible condition to let it all pay off on October 3.

PRE RUN
weight=161.5
water & ginger snaps

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin & Kashi GoLean cereal w/skim milk

No comments: