Monday, August 31, 2009

OBJECTIVE
9 mi.@ 7:46-8:36
steep hill sprints 2x20 sec.
one-leg hop 2x20 sec.

ACHIEVED
9.03 mi.@ 8:28

5:15 AM 74° 80% 4 mph

Interesting observation about today's run. I ran the same distance as last Monday - 9 miles (albeit on a different route: YMCA out-and-back last week versus Wimbledon Forest add-on today). Today's pace was 5 seconds per mile faster than last week's. Today's temperature was 5 degrees cooler than last week. I didn't notice this until reviewing the run information after the fact. Coincidence or science ... ???

Saturday's ice bath seems to have helped. I felt pretty good the rest of the day Saturday. However, I started noticing some soreness yesterday afternoon with a bit carrying over today.

On this last day of August, I'm happy to report a +200 mile month.

PRE RUN
weight=163
water

POST RUN
chocolate skim milk, multivitamin & Kashi GoLean cereal w/skim milk

No comments: