Wednesday, July 1, 2009

OBJECTIVE
dynamic stretching warm-up
1.5 mi. warm-up @ 8:37-9:46
3 x 1 mi.@ 6:39 w/2 min. active recoveries
1.5 mi. cool-down @ 8:37-9:46

ACHIEVED
dynamic stretching
1.52 mi. WU
6:31/6:36/6:38
1.51 mi. CD

7:24 AM 77° 89% 2 mph

I missed yesterday's run. I was beat up from yesterday's track work and the fact that I spent Monday in the car taking Cam to camp in San Antonio then driving back. Monday evening I met an old friend for dinner while he was waiting to fly home at at the airport.

This morning I was still feeling a bit flat. I struggled over the last half to third of each mile interval. I hit all of my times but cheated in that my "active recoveries" between intervals consisted of walking rather than jogging at a recovery pace. This, of course, allows my heart rate to "catch up" before starting the next interval. I realize this blunts the training benefit of this workout but justified it given this morning's heat index and how I was feeling.

Now I have a couple of easy days before Saturday's race. I'm not sure what my goal for Saturday is going to be. I think the very best case scenario is 42:00 but that probably isn't realistic given the crowd and weather. I could be closer to 43 or 44.

PRE RUN
weight=162.5
water

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin & oatmeal w/almonds, brown sugar, ground flax seed & skim milk

No comments: