Friday, July 3, 2009

Easing It over a Few More Miles

OBJECTIVE
2-6 mi.@ 8:37-9:46

ACHIEVED
6.09 mi.@ 8:53

9:06 AM 82° 86% 4 mph

I got out for an easy recovery run this morning. I kept telling myself to take it easy. I've got the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta tomorrow and there's no reason to go blow it out this morning! This is the first race that I've actually trained right through. I haven't pulled back my mileage or rested. I did reshuffle this week's workout order but that's it.

I'm flying standby later today and I'm concerned that the flight is already full. Hopefully they have a seat for me! It would be a huge disappointment to be left at home for this one.

The race forecast is currently calling for 70° and 70% humidity. That should be a relief after what I've been running in lately!

No records or PR attempt tomorrow. My "A" goal is 42:00 and would require an absolutely perfect day. My "B" goal is 44:00.

PRE RUN
weight = 164
water

POST RUN
SlimFast & multivitamin

1 comment:

Ron said...

good luck man....on the flight and the race!