Saturday, June 20, 2009

Informal with ChampionsFit

OBJECTIVE
8 mi.@ 7:46-8:36

ACHIEVED
8.01 mi.@ 8:29

6:06 AM 75° 94% 2 mph

Met up with ChampionsFit at the Y for this morning's run. I haven't run with them for about a year so I only recognized a couple people. Went out with the lead group that included Tony, Seth and a couple other guys. I felt okay and was glad I had others to run with even though the conversation seemed a bit forced. I turned at 4 miles and Tony turned with me. The others continued on. Tony and I progressively picked it up over the return trip. I think it was one of those testosterone things. You know ... neither of us was really sure what the other was capable of but wasn't going to do anything to reveal weakness. I know, the whole thing is stupid but it's real nonetheless. It was fine with me as I was feeling pretty good and since we started the run slowly, the last couple miles around 8:00 per mile was fine to get my average pace for the run within the target range.

Hope to rest and relax over the rest of the weekend. I want to be well for Monday morning's run and the training week to come.

PRE RUN
Frosted Mini-wheats & skim milk

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, water, multivitamin & "kitchen sink" smoothie (skim milk, plain low-fat yogurt, almonds, flax, banana, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries & honey

No comments: