Saturday, May 30, 2009

Together With the Group Again

OBJECTIVE
9 mi.@ 7:46 - 8:37

ACHIEVED
8.98 mi.@ 9:27 (Garmin lost contact with satellites over the last mile or two so I'm not exactly sure of distance or pace. We were slow though.)

5:56 AM 72° 80% 0 mph

The old group got back together for a run today. The run was actually blocked into two segments - a 9-miler and an 11-miler. I opted for the 9-miler only so I ran with the early group. Several are getting ready for an Ironman triathlon in Idaho in three or four weeks so they were running both legs. Running the early leg were: Randy, Josh, Jonathan, Aaron, John, Joe, Jill and me.

The run was nice. It was good to be back with the group and the weather was pleasant. Our pace was slow because of the 20-miler most were running today. The slower pace was fine with me following yesterday's double. My legs and body were sore from the "dynamic stretching" routine I did in the morning yesterday. Obviously using muscles I'm not used to hitting! I need to keep those stretches as part of my routine.

My Garmin flipped out when we went under an overpass with a little less than two miles left. It seems like it lost all contact for about a mile before finding itself. Of course this means my recorded time, pace, etc. is all questionable.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's off day.

PRE RUN
weight = 161.5
water

POST RUN
2 SlimFast

1 comment:

pcb said...

So glad you can be happy on Saturdays again!