Friday, May 8, 2009

Pics of Pamela's Race 10K Course

I snapped a few pictures with my phone while leaving Pamela's Race in Orchard, Texas a couple weeks ago.



Starting Line



The first half mile was on this dirt/gravel rode. I was feeling frisky and ran with John Yoder, Will Henderson and a couple other stallions ... for about 2 minutes!



Turing off the dirt road and Cooley property, the race went out this long country road.



Fields to the east ....




Fields to the west ....



The course was a "keyhole" so we went out a little less than a mile then made a big loop. This was a little past Mile 4 along the last leg of the keyhole.



A bit before Mile 5 marker.



Around Mile 5, the runners ran toward the photographer in this picture. I put on a short burst right just past this point. It was too early for a kick but a guy had been stalking me since Mile 2. He slowed for a water stop which I bypassed. The course turned left back toward the dirt road. I decided that as soon as I hit the turn I would go hard for as long as I could. I wanted to gap this guy enough that by the time he made the turn he'd give up any hope of catching me.

No comments: