Saturday, April 25, 2009

Suddenly Things Seem Better!

Okay, first the bad news ... My official time was 42:59 which means I was 19 seconds behind my goal.

The good news is that I won the Masters Division. This was a surprise. I actually took 4th place overall but the guys ahead of me were all under 40. The other guy in front of me who I'm sure is over 40 turned at the 5K turnaround. I had just figured he was so far ahead of me in the 10K that I couldn't see him.

This was a fun race in a beautiful setting. The organizers had a down-home feel ... nothing like the seemingly professionally produced city races.

I am the Masters Champ (yes, I realize my time doesn't warrant champ status and that I'm probably not in shape to hit my goal in Ogden ... But for now, don't mess with me because I'm a champion!)

6 comments:

pcb said...

Hey Champ! Nice job - you forgot to mention how the new shoes were?

Diane B said...

We always knew you were a champ!
Nice running.

Cory said...

pcb,

The shoes were okay. I haven't found the right sock combination yet. I'm working on a considerable blister/callous on each of my big toes.


cnb

Cory said...

Diane B,

I'm like the guy who gave a speech after receiving his award yesterday. I think he was third place in the 50 - 59 division. He said he's been running since he was 21 and this was the first time he won anything. He said it should serve as a lesson to the rest of us that if you keep running long enough your competition will either quit or die then you can finally win something.

Thanks for the note.


cnb

Stephanie P. said...

CONGRATULATIONS CORY!! A little bit of hardware to take home with you is always nice :) You deserve it; well done.

Cory said...

Thanks, Steph!