Monday, April 20, 2009

No Pep in My Step

OBJECTIVE
6 mi.@ 8:09/

ACHIEVED
6.19 mi.@ 8:21/

5:40 AM 56F 75% 5 mph

I really had a tough time getting it going this morning. Not so much
getting out and actually starting the run but moving my body forward
once I was on the road. I didn't think yesterday's run took that much
out of me but I felt pretty beat this morning. It may be that after
running yesterday I immediately went to church and sat for three hours
straight; probably not the best post run activity ... physically.

I've made a modification to this week's schedule. This is a pull-back
week which comes at a really good time. Both mileage and intensity are
reduced. However, instead of an easy 6-miler on Saturday, I'm
tentatively planning to run a 10K in Orchard, Texas. My objective will
be to run it as an even tempo run at my goal half marathon pace. This
should give me a good idea of where I stand fitness-wise with three
weeks to go before the half.

The Boston Marathon goes off this morning. It's not being televised on
my satellite provider so I'll be tuning in online to see how Ryan Hall
and Kara Goucher run. For the record, I think they'll both run well. I
don't think Hall will win. I think it will be Deriba (sp???). Kara's
got a shot but the women's field is loaded too. I'll go out on a limb
and predict victory for her.

PRE RUN
weight 160.5
nothing

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & oatmeal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

No comments: