Friday, April 10, 2009

Original versus Cover

Well, the results of the inaugural Original versus Cover are in and it wasn't very close. Terry Jack's version of Seasons in the Sun eclipsed Blink 182's and Nirvana's. However, the voting wasn't without controversy. An astute reader, RaddyRad, called into question whether the clips were really Blink 182 and Nirvana (see comments) After some research, I found that the Nirvana version was definitely genuine but questions remain about the Blink 182 version. The artists in the clip may actually be Me Too and the Gimme Gimmes. RaddyRad correctly suggests that the posted clip doesn't "sound like Blink 182" and further offers that Blink hasn't done a cover. But if you believe Wikipedia there is a Seasons in the Sun cover by GOB featuring Blink 182. So I'm left wondering if the clip I posted is, in fact the GOB cover. I tried finding video to match my audio clip for verification but wasn't unsuccessful.

I hope everyone had fun with the OvC. Round II should be posted shortly.

No comments: