Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Keepin' the Tempo

OBJECTIVE
6 mi. including:
Warm up
4 mi. Tempo @ 6:51/mi.
Cool down

ACHIEVED
6.15 mi. including:
WU - 1.01 mi.
6:48/6:50/6:49/6:54
CD - 1.14 mi.

5:38 AM 48° 100% 0 mph

I sure don't mind running in 100% humidity when it's 48°. The past two days have been fantastic.

I am generally pleased with today's run. My only disappointment is that the last mile of my tempo was the slowest but it was only 6 seconds slower than my fastest. Besides the tight grouping of mile splits, I was right on top of my goal time of 6:51 per mile. I haven't used the Virtual Partner in my Garmin for a long time. I actually forget the feature even exists but I sure do respond to chasing the little stick figure on my display. Simple mindedness, I'm sure. I don't think I ever stretched out a lead of more than 54' ahead of my pace and I don't think I fell behind more than 1'. That's a pretty tight range over the span of a four-mile run. I really need to remember to use this feature for future tempo runs.

I'm considering buying racing flats for the half and upcoming 10K's. I already have my eye on the ones I want but I'm not sure they'll work with my feet, gait, etc. I need to go have them fitted to see how they feel. If they're not the right ones, I need to move on to something else. I really should start wearing them soon if I going to use them in Ogden.

An easy six miles tomorrow before resting on Friday. After my Wednesday workout, the running week always seems like an easy downhill glide.

PRE RUN
weight = 160.5
water & brownie (yes, this is a weakness but sooo good!)

POST RUN
water, multivitamin @ granola w/1% milk

4 comments:

Diane B said...

I find myself going to your blog just to hear "The King"...very catchy little number.

Cory said...

I guess I'm driving up traffic on my blog. Now all I have to do is start selling something that people will buy!

pcb said...

You said it! I am waiting for the next installment.

Cory said...

Kind of pitiful that people are not coming here for their interest in me and my running! ... but just the music!