Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Another 6-miler in the Books

OBJECTIVE
6 mi.@ 8:09

ACHIEVED
6.12 mi.@ 8:04

6:54 AM 45° 100% 0 mph

Calves are still tight but left IT band feeling noticeably better after doing PT last night. Need to keep that up!

Tempo run looms for tomorrow.

Also, I'm most likely going to race on April 25. This will be 3 weeks before the half marathon and I want to get a gauge of where my fitness stands. There's a 10K in Orchard, Texas on some country roads that should serve nicely. Since it's so close to my goal event, I'm not going to hammer it but plan to run my half marathon goal pace and see how I feel. I'm considering carbo loading and hydration/nutrition intake; basically making it a dress rehearsal for the half.

PRE RUN
water & brownie !@#$%!

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & granola w/1% milk

2 comments:

pcb said...

I vote "no" on the special diet thing that you do - it is annoying and inconvenient, besides is it healthy to do it so often?

Anonymous said...

What is your Carb loading/ hydration routine prior to a race? Thanks!