Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Threshold Intervals

OBJECTIVE
6 mi. incl. Easy 1 warm up; 4 x 1 @ lactate threshold w/2 min. jogging recovery; Easy 1 cool down

Easy = 8:08 – 38/mi.
Lactate Threshold = 6:55/mi.

ACHIEVED
WU: 1 mi.@ 8:37
6:51
6:50
6:52
6:53
CD: 1.10 mi.@ 8:25

5:00 AM 46° 50% 10 mph

Still not feeling too good today but I wasn’t going to let that stop me from getting this lovely little workout in. I did get a decent night’s sleep after going to bed a bit before 9 pm.

I was pressing to hit the pace during the intervals. Breathing wasn’t as easy as it usually is as it felt like the sides of my throat were swollen so much that my airway was restricted. I don’t think that’s a reality … it just felt that way. The 2-minute jogging recovery breaks seemed timed about perfectly. I felt like I needed a bit more of a break but once I started running again I felt much better than I felt when finishing the preceding one.

I was happy with the result and grouping of my times. I wasn’t focused on my watch and watched forcing the paces.

Hopefully I’m feeling a bit healthier with each passing day. I’ve got slow, short runs scheduled for the next couple of days followed by a slow 13-miler on Saturday. The marathon is the following weekend and is currently 81% full. There appears to be some light at the end of the tunnel at work so I’m thinking it’s a better than 50-50 proposition that I’ll be running in Austin.

PRE RUN
Weight = 159
Water

POST RUN
Water, multivitamin, zinc supplement, low fat granola w/1% milk

No comments: