Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's Official ... I'm Sick

OBJECTIVE
7 mi. Slow

ACHIEVED
7.18 mi.@ 8:47/mi.

4:38 AM 30° 93% 0 mph

I've got a full-on head cold which may be moving into my chest. I skipped last night's run in lieu of rest. The first half of the night I slept well but the second half was terrible. Finally, I just got up and ran. I was plodding along at a pedestrian pace wondering if 1) I would be able to even finish the run, and 2) I should have be running given the way I was feeling. I never really know if it's best to rest or run when sick. There's a rule-of-thumb I once read but I can't remember it now. This morning I kept trying to convince myself that running would help flush the cold from my system (whatever that means). Who knows? Hopefully I'm feeling better later today. I know it's hard to focus at work when I feel like this (and I certainly don't need that right now!) and it's difficult to get quality runs in.

PRE RUN
weight = 159.5
low fat granola w/skim milk

POST RUN
All-Bran Flakes w/skim milk
Later, water, multivitamin, zinc & vitamin C

2 comments:

Becky A said...

Hope you feel better soon. We're all getting colds up here, too.

Cory said...

I suppose it's the season ....