Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Slow Run & Commentary

OBJECTIVE
3 mi. Easy

ACHIEVED
3.01 mi.@ 8:30/mi.

4:36 AM 70° 83% 11 mph

It was warm again this morning. I wore my old Mizuno Wave Rider 10’s that carried me to a 3:27 on the rainy course in St. George. I rarely wear those shoes anymore as I think they’re close to the end of their useful life.

I’m really quite nervous about this weekend. I think I’m ready physically but perhaps not mentally. Work and life in general has been stressful lately and even though I’ve been getting my runs in, I’m not yet feeling that hungry, killer instinct that I hoped to have at this point. After all, this is the first time I will be stepping to the line and “going for it”. No more just having fun on a marathon run …. Something like that. I think part of my problem is, in the words of Jack Bauer (I’m a big 24 fan), “This is going to hurt.” I saw it on the faces of my friends as I watched them finish the Houston marathon a few weeks ago. Knowing that I’ve got those joyous sensations to look forward to seems to be traumatizing me a bit.

Another important note, the Austin marathon stopped taking online registration yesterday morning … as I was online trying to sign up. So now I’ve got to sign up at the expo. Their website says the marathon is 83% full which, if my calculations are correct, means there are still about 1,000 entries available.

Well, better get back to my brooding cynicism!

PRE RUN
Weight = 159

POST RUN
Water, multivitamin, zinc, Kashi GoLean cereal w/skim milk

No comments: