Friday, December 12, 2008

Cool Run under the Full Moon

OBJECTIVE
6 mi. Easy (8:08 – 38/mi.)

ACHIEVED
6.15 mi.@ 8:34/mi.

5:12 AM 28° 97% 0 mph

I had a pretty good run this morning. I focused on keeping it easy since I’m still not 100% back from the cold I’ve been battling. It was good to get back at it and hit a decent time. Fortunately, I didn’t feel like I’d lost much – if anything.

Some time ago I read the idea that there are times when you can “run through a sickness” and times that you can’t. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the parameters. The recommendation is along the lines of feed a fever / starve a cold. But I honestly can’t ever remember if it’s feed a fever or starve a fever …etc. I suppose if I had to deal with illnesses on a more regular basis I’d remember these adages better. No, I don’t want to have reasons to remember them!

I’m still not certain what I’ll be doing tomorrow for a run.

PRE RUN
weight = 159.5#
FRS liquid concentrate

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin, Life cereal w/1% milk

No comments: