Sunday, October 26, 2008

Keep Running ... Don't Stop

OBJECTIVE
3 mi. easy

ACHIEVED
5.13 mi.@ 8:05/mi.

6:38 AM 39° 70% 4 mph

The plan was just to roll out for an easy 3 miles but I was feeling so good that I just kept going. I wasn't familiar with the area so a just started running along the roads. It was very cool so I wore sleeves, gloves and my stocking cap. The temperature felt fantastic shortly after I got going. The pace was lively as I cruised down a long, quiet street. The area was a bit warehouse-y/industrial. I hit a dead end about 1.4 miles in. My cumulative pace to that point was around 8:15/mile. I knew that I would be short if I just went straight back and finished so on the way back I found another street to turn down. I did a little out-and-back along this street which added about 3/4 mile. On the way back I was feeling so good that instead of turning down the finishing street, I just kept going straight until I hit another dead end. This added about 1.1 mile. I finally headed back. When I crossed my starting position, I only had 4.6 miles and figured I may as well make it an even 5 so I continued up the short street and ran around a large parking lot and back. I ended with 5.13 miles.

This may have been the easiest 5 miles I've ever run. I just wanted to stay out on the road as long as I could. I felt great physically cruising in the predawn air.


PRE RUN
orange juice, wheat toast & oatmeal w/granola & brown sugar

POST RUN
orange juice, Raisin Bran w/skim milk

No comments: