Friday, October 31, 2008

Training Interruptus

OBJECTIVE
4 mi. easy

ACHIEVED
4.03 mi.@ 7:59/mi.

6:54 AM 52° 100% 0 mph

Well, it's now been 27 days since the marathon. I've been floundering around with my running "just enjoying" not being in an intense training cycle. While rolling out for 4 miles this morning, I loosely decided that I would begin training for the Phoenix marathon. The marathon is January 18. I'm not sure I'll actually run the marathon due to the holidays and my January work schedule. But I'm going to target this as my Boston qualifier so everything is going to be geared to coming in under 3:20. If I don't end up actually running Phoenix then I'll recalibrate and look for another marathon in April or May.

Today's run was good. It was fast and I felt good. The temperature was near-perfect.

Steph's group has a 20-miler scheduled for tomorrow and I'm planning to go the distance with them. That should be interesting since my weekly mileage has really been down since the marathon.

PRE RUN
nothing

POST RUN
weight = 155#
water, multivitamin, low-fat granola w/1% milk

2 comments:

Shaury said...

Sounds exciting! I hope you can reach your goal. Run brother run.

Cory said...

Thanks for the note, Shaury. I can use all the encouragement I can get!

Hope everything is going well for you, David and the fam in your new digs.

Take care ... and looking forward to seeing you at Christmas time!