Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Let the Loading Begin!

OBJECTIVE
warm up then all-out for mile or less

ACHIEVED
1.08 mi.@ 8:32/mi. incl.
WU - .53 mi.
blast - .55 (3:25)

5:54 AM 57° 88% 0 mph

Finally some carbs! I ran a short blast effort this morning to "open the pipes". Hopefully this approach to supersaturate myself with stored carbohydrate energy works.

I woke up with some doubts about the marathon. This is frustrating. I really shouldn't be questioning myself at this point. I think it's a combination of what happened with the injury in my last marathon and the aggressive goals I've set for myself in this one. The long-term investment in training and the one-shot nature of the event is a bit daunting too.

Fortunately, I didn't have much time to deal in my doubts today. Work turned into chaos and kept my hopping. This is inevitable. Any time I have something planned it seems work conspires against me.

I am happy to be back eating carbs. Today I had an apple, some low-fat granola, pasta, UltaLabs' carb supplement, and granola with milk. I also tried focusing on hydrating which I plan to continue up to the marathon. It must have been working. I made far more trips to the restroom today than is typical.

Looking for my best effort in three days.



PRE RUN

weight = 154#
water

POST RUN
SlimFast, 5 grain hot cereal w/flax, brown sugar & skim milk

No comments: