Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Zero Week" = Singular Focus

Well, this is it. The work has been done. Saturday is the day of truth. I feel more focused than ever. I have concerns but I'm telling myself that's natural.

Sunday - Rest
Monday - 3 mi. w/1 EZ; 1@7:15; 1 EZ
Tuesday - 3 mi. EZ
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - 3 mi. jog
Friday - 2 mi. jog
Saturday - St. George Marathon (smoke it!) GOAL = 3:27:00

I started carbohydrate depletion today and plan to continue through Tuesday. On Wednesday, I'll shift to carbohydrate loading. The objective, of course, is to build excess energy stores to run the marathon on.

I may visit a chiropractor this week if I feel it will be beneficial and I can get what I need. I'm also contemplating a massage later in the week.

I broke out my fifth pair of Mizuno Wave Rider's for last Saturday's long run and plan to wear them for the marathon. I still haven't settled on race shorts or singlet. I like my Nike shorts but the pocket is very small and won't hold all of my Carb Boom. If I wear them, I'll have to pin the Carb Boom to my shorts. My RaceReady shorts have plenty of pockets and fit great but they also cause a chafing problem that I can't take a chance on at the marathon. I won't wear my CAL Runners singlet again. It's too big. Because of the size, it gave me problems in both the St. George and Ogden marathons. I may be wearing New Balance.

Finally while discussing apparel, I shouldn't fail to mention the discovery I made yesterday. First some background, I've been considering racing flats for my shorter races. I really like Saucony A2's. Thinking back, I remember my favorite running shoes ever. I wore them in high school. I don't recall the model but I know they were Nike, red and black, light weight, and very comfortable. I wished I still had them around. While surfing the net yesterday, the following popped up in a banner ad:




It's my shoe! What are the odds? Nike is re-releasing my favorite shoe. It's the Nike Air Pegasus 83. I've got to check this one out. I can't tell if they've redesigned it as a casual shoe or if it's still a running shoe. In any event, I'm all over it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cory,
The condo just called they have a 3bdroom penthouse that sleeps 8 for Wed or Sunday only that means you can check in at 4:00p.m. on Sunday and have to leave by 12:00p.m. Monday. Your dad was asking about the condo and said they need a place maybe they would like it so they wouldn't have to drive back Sunday night. It's kind of expensive $100.00 I would call them but it's kind of late and though you would read this before I could get to them. Let me know A.S.A.P
I leave my house by 8:30a.m.
Good Luck!
I'm not sure why I'm Anonymous!

Cory said...

Hey! Thanks for the heads up. I've got to talk to my dad. I'm not sure what he's planning. I've got a room for Friday and Saturday but one of my training partners is sharing it with me so my family is "on their own" for now. Nothing like waiting for the last minute, right?

If we want the condo, I'll get back to you after talking with my dad.

I don't know how Shaury's move to Vegas fits into all of this either. Confusing!!!

Thanks again. I'll let you know if we need the condo.

Cory said...

We're set for rooms in St. George. Thank you so much for thinking of us!